Our Designated Safeguarding Lead Person in school is Mrs Deborah Sharples
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead Person is Mrs B O’Toole
Please click on the link to view our
On the 18th November 2015, all our staff completed training on safeguarding children from radicalisation and extremism as advised from the Department for Education.
On 2nd September 2016, all our staff completed Safeguarding training by the Wigan Safeguarding Team and are currently completing the Safeguarding Children in Education course.
On 3rd October 2016, all Staff completed online Level 1 Safeguarding Course.
On 15th November 2016, the school provided two Anti-Bullying Workshops for all our parents. During the presentations we explained what we do to prevent bullying, and how we deal with it. Also, parents were advised on how to keep their children safe on line.
Please click on the links below to view the presentations for:
On 5th November 2017, all staff completed Safeguarding Children in Education Training run by Wigan Council.
The School has adopted the definition of the term ‘Safeguarding’ used in the Children Act 2004.
In summary this is:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- undertaking that role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and to enter adulthood successfully.
The School’s safeguarding arrangements cover all aspects of life at School, in particular addressing these issues:
· health and safety;
· other harassment and discrimination, including racism;
· physical intervention;
· meeting the needs of pupils with medical conditions;
· provision of medical first aid;
· drug and substance abuse;
· off-site visits;
· intimate care;
· internet and communications safety;
· physical security of the School site;
· protection from maltreatment; and
· recruitment and vetting of staff and visitors to the site.
ThinkUKnow – Specialist site for children aged 5 to 7 dealing with Internet and computer
Information about Child Friendly Search Engines can be found by clicking here.